Monday, March 2, 2009

Music to draw to...



This looks awesome and I feel I should promo it (plus I liked the apple juice line...). I think I`ll try to actually get some writing done here (or at least some marking)! Here`s the blurb...

Forget partying.... let's get some work done.

It's winter time in Montreal...
Are you slacking off on knitting that scarf you started in 2004? Maybe you've been trying to finish that third act of that play you've been writing...? How's that collection of Sonnets coming along? Are you still sketching out storyboards for that animated short you wanted to make?

Bring your sketchbook, yarn, or that lump of clay. Floor lamps, pens, knitting needles, and lap desks will be provided. Five bucks admission includes a free cup of hot chocolate or tea. Music will be provided by Kid Koala. Expect a full 5-hour set of some of his favorite quiet time records that he has collected on his travels around the world. Baked goods will be provided by Kid Koala's wife, Corinne, who dreams of someday opening a bakery in Montreal and would like to try some of her new creations first.

"I was working on the Space Cadet book and realized at 8 hours a page I would have to log another 800 hours of alone time before this book would see the light of day. It would be great if there was a place I could go be social and anti-social at the same time. Somewhere I could look up from my desk and see something other than the wall. I tried drawing in a couple of the neighborhood diners and coffee shops but they'd blast the radio, and the music and traffic reports kept throwing me out of the zone... plus they don't appreciate people who try to nurse one glass of apple juice for 8 hours."

Quiet people are invited. Bring something to work on. No dancing. Hope to see you there!

3 NIGHTS ONLY : 7pm until midnight :
March 2, 2009
March 9, 2009
March 16, 2009

Theatre St. Catherine: 264 St. Catherine E., Montreal, QC

1 comment:

tonytung said...

Damn. Too far away to travel.

Then again, I could just get a study buddy or just a friend who likes to read quietly.