Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If you're in the Lower Mainland...


Please check out "Wrestling: The One-Ring Circus" photography exhibit at the Windsor Gallery, a friend of mine, Brian Howell, is the photographer. The exhibit goes on from now until February 8th and follows the release of Mickey Rourke's movie 'The Wrestler'. Brian's work however, has been around for years before the film and is passionate and painfully raw, I remember buying the book from him to give to by buddy Al for Christmas and just marvelling at the emotion oozing from the pictures.

Brian traveled with me in China and is a really cool dude. The last time I chatted with him he was thinking about doing stuff on punk in China and was currently (the last time I talked to him was about 8 months ago) breaking into demolished houses in Surrey and Delta. In another life (and if I was braver) I'd be doing the exact same thing.

Brian's Website: http://www.brianhowellphotography.com/

The Windsor Gallery: http://www.winsorgallery.com/exhibits.php

No comments: