Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Interview with 'Bomb the Music Industry!'

Okay so I finally finished editing the video footage for my interview with 'Bomb the Music Industry!' Not only is this my first edited video (I just started video editing about a month ago) its also my first YouTube post. After 12 hours of being up it already had 20 view which more or less got me all excited and happy. I also learned from a friend of mine (Kelly) that if I upload onto YouTube they own my work. While she was up in arms about the issue, I'm much more resigned to the fact that even if they do take my work, I'd be more inclined to feel impressed that they chose me and stoked about my work getting out than complain about how my video is being co-opted by the man. As well, I understand MySpace works in a very similar way and every major band and label are represented on both sites, are you telling me that YouTube or MySpace has the balls to go up against Universal or Sony? C'mon now. While they may reserve the right to use members' videos, I highly doubt they'd actually be able to do anything with it without getting in a world of shit. Either way, I'm just stoked to be there!




No comments: