Friday, September 12, 2008

The Young Turks

The Young Turks

Okay, I've been looking for a good way to find my news for a while. While I love watching CNN, I just don't have access to it in Montreal and I can't really be bothered to slog though tons of online articles on a daily basis (although if I had the time I totally would). Enter 'The Young Turks' an extremly progressive (i.e. liberal) podcast that I just found out about that (in my opinion) blows John Stewart out of the water. Don't get me wrong, I love John Stewart, and Stephen Colbert, but man, Cenk Uygur the host of this show is ferocious, and I love it.

Moreover he's smart (an ex-lawyer, not an actor), is totally indie media (not owned/controlled by a major media conglomerate), and pulls no punches. He's what you get when you mix of a radio sports caster and heavy-handed political pundit. I even appreciatethe fact that he was an ex-conservative and is more than willing to concede on right-wing points if they tend to make sense. This is a good example of the stuff the good work they do over there, and literally after watching it I paid for a subscription.

No comments: