Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thesis-ing

Wow. The last thing I should be doing is blogging right now. My MA thesis is due in 6 hours and I'm still frantically editing. Turns out its pretty difficult to reconcile Socrates, Plato, Heidegger, Adorno, Benjamin, Eco, and Baudrillard.

Who'd a thunk it?

Since I'll probably spend the next few days recoving sleep, I figured I'd just do one quick post. In a few more hours (and a bit of luck) I'll get to add 2 more letters to the end of my name (and make myself even more unemployable than I already am).

On a tangential topic, I've been listening to/watching Alkaline Trio's 'Help Me' music video non-stop as I write and edit. Turns out about 60% of my ideas for a great steampunk movie have been summarized in this 3 minute clip. Crap. Damn you Matt Skiba for your infectiously catchy tunes and overly computer generated music videos.

However, I do like the costumes. Steampunk goggles and leather coifs will always be a fashion obsession of mine.

No comments: