Thursday, April 2, 2009

Aziz Ansari is a Fucking Badass

Once upon a time a few years ago I watched stand up comedy video about Google hit results starring Aziz Ansari and Rob Huebel and I laughed my ass off. Since I'm always interested in comedians of color I decided to start following Aziz's blog and boy has he exploded since! You might recognize him as the racist fruit vendor on 'Flight of the Conchords' or from his hilarious MTV show 'Human Giant.' Recently, his new project is a prime time TV show on NBC entitled 'Parks and Recreation' which is shot in a similar fashion as 'The Office.' Its great to see comedians of color taking roles that are more than just a token gesture and moreover, aren't race-specific. Good stuff! He's got plenty of stuff on the horizon as well, and perhaps in the next few years we'll be seeing even more ethnic diversity in popular media. Its about damn time.


No comments: