Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pambansang Kamao! ("National Fist")



What a great night. Oilers won (for Jas), the Sens won (for Graham) and Manny Pacquiao beat the living snot out of De La Hoya (for the Philippines). Tons of respect to the 'Golden Boy' but man, nothing felt better than walking up to a table of Filipinos at the bar and high-fiving, drinking and dancing with people I've never met. I'm sure this happens to tons of other people in countries that actually have sports teams (I'm reminded of my ESL students back in Vancouver during World Cup) but for us Filipinos, this is pretty monumental, and hell I'm not even that much into sports.

Edit: This news story was absolutely hilarious. Zero crime rate in metro-Manila for some of his previous fights? If nothing else, than for the sake of the over-burdened police force in the Philippines, lets have more Pacquiao fights.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=421618

No comments: