Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ricepaper Magazine

Cedric let me know that the interview that I did with his friend Chris deWolf about New Voices: Montreal is in this month's issue of Ricepaper. For those who don't know 'Ricepaper' is a fantastic Asian Canadian literary magazine put out by the Asian Canadian Writer's Workshop in Vancouver. My mom used to subscribe to it back when it was just a photocopied sheet of 11 x 17 paper and I remember reading as a kid and thinking its way too intelligent for me. Heh, some things never change. I think they recently redesigned it and it looks even more sleek and sexy than before. Awesome stuff!

In Vancouver its pretty easy to find but in Montreal I was told there are only a few copies at Drawn and Quarterly and that Cedric got the second to last one. My sense is though, that even if I go two weeks from now the last copy will still be there. Montreal isn't really the bastion of Asian Canadian identity politics that Vancouver or Toronto are. Lets see if I can stir things up a bit over here a bit.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hey Robert! Thanks for your kind comments about Ricepaper - I was doing a "Ricepaper is" google search and ran across your blog. Anyways, wanted to say "hello"...I'm working with Ricepaper as managing editor and my name's Patricia.

Also, are you still able to find Ricepaper in Montreal? Another Montreal reader wasn't able to find it in any of the bookstores.