Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Some News

1) Manny Pacqiao destroyed Ricky Hatton. It was both amazing and anti-climactic at the same time. Either way, Pacqiao is unstoppable. I can't believe my dad actually bet against the future president of the Philippines. You heard it here first!

2) Dom Deluise passed away today. I still chuckle at his great voice acting in 'An American Tale' and he will be missed.

3) New Found Glory recently did a full set of Green Day cover songs...and man, it was amazing. The 'Time of Your Life' cover is a bit corny, but hey, they did cover of my all-time favorite GD songs, J.A.R. so I'm going to say all is forgiven.

Moreover, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that their version of 'Burnout' beats out Teenage Bottlerocket's cover from their split release a few months ago. Meh, either way, I love them both and any Green Day cover (especially pre-Dookie) will make me a very happy pop punk kid. All of this jumpy happy music is only getting me charged up for summer!

No comments: